Mobile is on the rise for small business, and the numbers definitely prove it. More and more small business owners have seen the light and are implementing mobile marketing to help run, advertise, and grow their businesses.
Recently, a company interviewed over five hundred SMBs about the role of mobile in their every day business dealings, and some of the interesting findings are outlined below.
– 77% of small businesses use mobile technology, a number that is up from 66% in 2013.
– The two biggest gains were adoption of mobile-optimized websites (60% in 2014, up from 34% last year), and mobile advertising (21% in 2014, which was up from 10% last year).
– Non-marketing mobile technologies used by SMBs included mobile storage apps at 61%, scheduling/calendar apps at 58%, and financial management apps at 51%.
As it turns out, more than three-quarters of SMBs used mobile technology this year. And 92% of SMBs either have already started a mobile-optimized website or are considering it.
– 61% of those asked said that they use mobile storage apps
– 58% use scheduling and calendar apps
– 51% use financial management apps
– 21% said they used mobile advertising, which is up from 10% last year.
– 23% said they were interested in using mobile advertising within the next six months
The numbers certainly tell a story. SMBs are all jumping on board, utilizing mobile marketing as a means to grow their business and retain/recruit customers. Mobile optimized website and mobile apps for smart phones and other devices are only going to grow as time goes on and customers demand it more and more.
Are you interested in developing a mobile app or mobile optimized website? Now is a great time to contact Logifusion here.